Hollywood Learning Breakfast Ideas On the Go!
With Hollywood Learning Centers finally back in session some of us may be having trouble getting into the right routine to make it out the house on time (I know I am). There are essential things that need to be done before starting your day and eating a balanced breakfast is the most important one. They don’t call it the most important meal of the day for nothing, so we put together some fun and quick breakfast recipes to ensure breakfast is served.
- 3/4 cup dry quinoa
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced (2.5-3 cups)
- 16 oz. fresh blueberries (1.5-2 cups)
- 1 cup cherries, pitted and sliced
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener)
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice (or lemon might work!)
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, chop the fruit and place in a large bowl.
- Mix the dressing ingredients (maple syrup, balsamic, lime juice, salt) in a small jar and adjust to taste if necessary.
- Fluff cooked quinoa with fork and add to bowl with fruit. Combine. Pour on dressing and mix. Serve immediately or chill in the fridge until serving time. Serves 2-3 as a main or 4-6 as a side.
Monster Green Smoothie: I think a smoothie can never go wrong. This recipe packs everything that ensures you and your children will have a productive day at school and will keep their tummy full for hours.
- 2 cups liquid of choice (we use fresh-squeezed orange juice, but have used coconut water and almond milk and both are great)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup pineapple
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1-2 frozen bananas
- boosts of choice (we use hemp hearts and chia seeds)
Nutella and Banana Sushi: It might not sound as yummy, but do not worry. This fun and inventive breakfast “sushi roll” imitates the design of a sushi roll by rolling Nutella bananas in a tortilla. This recipe is very quick and easy to make. For those little ones who don’t like bananas, you can replace the banana for other fruits. This recipe is one I am going to try out for myself.
- 2 tortillas
- 4 tbsp Nutella
- 2 bananas
Simply spread Nutella on the tortilla, and place your banana in the center of the tortilla, then roll in tortilla and banana in a compact roll, and then slice into pieces. There are plenty of ways to ensure that your most important meal of the day is an inventive and quick one, start your little ones’ day of with goodness and creativity.
For more blogs like this one, subscribe to Hollywood Learning Centers’ blog.